Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kyushu Railway History Museum

I was wondering whether or not to visit the Kyushu Railway History Museum. But when I saw these posters outside Mojiko station, I made up my mind to go.






I wasn't disappointed. The whole museum was a celebration of metal and other materials in various finely crafted forms.





Kids seemed to like it. These wicked children were being positively encouraged by their grandmother, a wicked lady herself, to misbehave.






This particular type of train used to go past my house. It was a joy to see it again.




The Japanese have managed to connect railways with food in the form of the station lunch box (ekiben). Regional specialities and local ingredients are used, and the containers are typically works of art in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment